Friday, August 12, 2011

Painted Black

Good afternoon!  Another hot and humid day in Central Florida...  More reason to stay inside and get some furniture finishing completed.  There are two pics here that show the chair in its newly painted state and with a remnant of the previously used fabric.  The third pic is the chair with the fabric removed but still with the original finish - distressed beige and brown.

The removal of the old fabric was not as much fun as I thought it would be.  The chair had triple the amount of staples needed and the glue was packed on about an inch thick.  Chris usually jumps in to help with the tough destruction phases but I was determined to do this on my own.  I won't do that again! 

V.I.P. - Very Important Part!   Remove the old fabric carefully and as much intact as possible,  The old fabric will serve as a pattern for the new fabric. 

I am using an enamel paint for the chair to insure durability.  It is flat paint but I do intend to finish it off with poly.    The only thing left now is to touch up any place I missed.  I find it easier to find the missed spots if I turn the piece upside down.

The next post will show the application of the fabric.  Chris has a super stapler that I have never used before.  I'll take pics after I have used it a little to let you know how I like it or if I stapled my arm to the chair.

Cheerio!   Have nice thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment