Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Painted - Grey & White

Thank  you for not giving up on me while I was off the blog.  It is sincerely appreciated.  Some of you may remember that I was to have surgery to repair an aneurysm in my head a few weeks ago.  That morning the surgeon told me that there was a better device to use that had just been approved by the FDA.  The hospital didn't have any so one would have to be ordered.  I chose to go with the better one so the i.v.'s were removed, the black x's were washed off and Chris and I went home.  We were not happy but that is water under the bridge.  The procedure is scheduled for 10/28 and I am not coming home until it is fixed.

On now to what I have just started working on.  I was told it was a "project" desk.  It is taller that a child's desk and designed a bit differently than a student's desk.  I have decided to pair it with a shorter stool so there will be no problem sitting at it.

These are the pieces before I started working on them.  They do not look too bad from a distance but they had about 4 layers of paint each.



This picture shows what the top looked like after applying Strypeze 2 times.  It took 4 applications!


This is the desk with one coat of Old White chalk paint and the beginning of the Paris Grey coat.



Here is the stool with a coat of Old White and the beginning of Paris Grey.

The intention is to distress and glaze the pieces.  Before the protective layer is applied I will do a transfer of either a vintage label or manual typewriter.  Time will tell.

Take care, Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment